Breakfast Supper

  So, tonight's supper was a lot different. Tonight I made a breakfast supper. The full meal I cooked was homemade buttermilk biscuits, country pleasing sausage, cheddar cheese grits, and fried eggs.

     For my biscuits, I used a bowl of flour. Inside the flour, I made a small well. Inside the well, I pour a cup and 1/4 of buttermilk with one stick of butter. I carefully squeezed and mixed together. 
     Next, I began to add small bits of flour into the mixture. After adding in the flour, I began to knead the dough until it was completely smooth. After it was smooth, I began to tear eight pieces off the dough and rolled them in my hands into equal balls. 
     I preheated the oven to 400 degrees, and then put the biscuits into the oven. I baked them for 20 minutes, but then an extra five so the biscuits could be a little browner on top. 
     After they were done baking, I dumped the biscuits onto a plate to be served. The biscuits were not crumbly and were very fluffy. Absolutely delicious with peach marmalade! :p

     Next, I began working on the sausages. Sausages are very easy to make. I always cook them in a skillet over the stove until they are crispy.

     The eggs were very easy to make as well. As you can tell one is splattery sorry. : ( I fried the eggs in the sausage grease. I do not know how they tasted because I do not like eggs. My brother and mom liked the eggs though! :D

     I also made cheddar cheese grits. They actually were not homemade. They came from a box lol. I added the cheese in after the grits were completely done. 

     The breakfast super was so delicious! I do not like breakfast, but I love it for supper! I hope you guys loved my first post on Kayla's Kitchen. Please check out my main blog, The Kayla Journal for more post weekly. I love y'all, and I am praying for y'all! 

XOXO,
Kayla R. <3 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Navajo Tacos

Risotto and Italian Grilled Chicken